We’ve received some great news at Savings & Loans this week. We’ve been named an Employer of Choice for Women for the sixth consecutive time. The citations are awarded by the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency (EOWA), a government body.
Everyone at Savings & Loans is extremely proud to receive this award again and it recognises the way we’re continuously working to make sure we have some of Australia’s best workplace policies. Importantly, EOWA looks at the actions we’re taking to create and equal and fair working environment for all our employees, rather than just making sure we have the appropriate policies.
Basically, it shows we’re walking the talk.
It’s important that we attract and retain the best staff, especially given the tight labour market we’re currently facing. This means that sometimes we need to be able to tailor conditions to suit an individual’s circumstances.
Here are a few of the polices and practices we’re most proud of:
• Ten weeks of paid parental leave for a primary caregiver, which can be taken over a 20 week period
• Three weeks of paid bonding leave available to fathers or staff entering adoption
• A variety of job share, part-time and work from home opportunities
• Formal programs to engage staff on extended leave
• The ability to move from full time to part time should an employee’s circumstances change
• Annual staff survey to gauge the effectiveness of policies
In the past 12 months we’ve also put a lot of work into creating opportunities for mature workers, Indigenous Australians and people with disabilities. Increasing the diversity of our workforce is very important to us and a core part of our future growth.
It’s no surprise that we’re proud of what we’ve done, but that doesn’t mean we’re sitting still. We’re starting to negotiate our new Enterprise Agreement, and I’m looking forward to staying ahead of the pack when it comes to family-friendly workplace policies.
We’re always looking for the right staff to join Savings & Loans, so if you think Savings & Loans could be the right employer for you, visit savingsloans.com.au/careers